Mar 22, 2021
Best Company for your Catch Basin Installation
Are you struggling to carry out Catch Basin Installation on your drainage system? Speak with an expert now.
Nov 24, 2020
Gravel Driveway Services: Your Leading Option for Quality Recycled Asphalt Driveways
Have you ever wondered where to find a good asphalt driveway construction company? No need to keep searching, Gravel Driveway Services is your best bet for quality recycled asphalt driveways.
Aug 17, 2020
Residential Driveway Repair
Our experts are the best at fixing gravel driveways and making asphalt driveway repairs
Is Your Gravel Driveway in Need of Repair?Jul 10, 2017
Is Your Driveway in Need of Repair?
Residential driveways can be expensive and time consuming to repair. With a gravel driveway from Gravel Driveway Services you can rest easy knowing that your driveway won't let you down. Gravel driveways & recycled asphalt driveways are some of the most inexpensive forms of driveway around, and require little maintenance to stay in tip top shape.
Gravel Driveway Maintenance
Maintaining a gravel driveway is not always the easiest task, but there are some simple fixes you can do on your own to improve the quality and lifespan of your gravel driveway. Potholes are the main reason that gravel driveways need repair, the good news is that they are also easy to repair on your own.
- Remove all debris from the pothole – Clear away any brush, loose stones or other debris from the hole. Use a shovel to remove debris and to cut the edges of the hole straight.
- Fill the pothole – Fill the potholes with course gravel until the hole is only 3 inches below the driveway
- Tamp down the course gravel with a commercial or homemade tamper.
- Fill the pothole (cont.) - Fill the rest of the pothole with gravel that matches the gravel used in your driveway. The gravel should be mounded to be a few inches above the surface of the driveway.
- Compact the patch – Now that your potholes have been filled and mounded, it’s time to compress and solidify your patch. The easiest way to do this is to use a vehicle, rolling the wheels over the ‘mounds’ (formally potholes) until the gravel levels out with the rest of the driveway. If the depression in your driveway returns after this step, add more gravel to area and compress again.
- Level out the driveway – There will most likely be some slight bumps in your driveway after repairs are complete, use a rake to blend the newly repaired section with the rest of the driveway.
Gravel Driveway Services has been installing and repairing driveways for over 17 years. If you are looking to replace your current driveway or repair an existing driveway and are interested in a quote or have any questions about your next job please contact us today!