Nov 24, 2020
Gravel Driveway Services: Your Leading Option for Quality Recycled Asphalt Driveways
Have you ever wondered where to find a good asphalt driveway construction company? No need to keep searching, Gravel Driveway Services is your best bet for quality recycled asphalt driveways.
Aug 17, 2020
Residential Driveway Repair
Our experts are the best at fixing gravel driveways and making asphalt driveway repairs
Jul 17, 2020
The Advantages and Cost-Effective Choice of Reclaimed Asphalt Driveway Installation
Hiring a reputable contractor for a quality reclaimed asphalt driveway can be one of the best choices you can make
Catch Basins & InstallationMay 15, 2017
Catch Basin InstallationThere are many reasons to consider adding a catch basin or storm drain to your property. A catch basin or storm drain helps to collect runoff from rain water, melting snow, overflowing riverbanks or any other source of moving water that could potentially cause damage to your home. When placed in the right location and with the right grading you can catch and prevent the majority of the water from reaching your home, reducing the chance of flooding or water damage in your home or foundation.
How to Install a Catch BasinCatch basins should only be installed by someone with construction experience as the process requires the use of specialized equipment for lifting and placing the basin. It is important to read and follow any direction specific to your catch basin.
- Mark the area where the catch basin is to be installed, as well as where pipes are to be placed.
- Dig to the proper depth for the basin, allowing for a 1 inch fall every 8 feet. Important: Locate all buried utilities before digging.
- Use gravel or sand as bedding for the trench.
- Remove any large rocks or other materials around the top of the basin, leaving a clearance of 3 inches around the basin.
- Install each piece of pipe, checking alignment before placing the next piece. Grout or mastic strips may be required.
- After the basin is installed place the lid & inlet grate on the catch basin.
- Backfill the pipe & basin making sure to compact the ground after completion.