Jun 17, 2019
Gravel Driveway Restoration Solutions from Gravel Driveway Services
Avoid the hassle and cost of having to get a new driveway and opt for the versatile gravel driveway restoration solutions offered by Gravel Driveway Services
May 16, 2019
Gravel Driveway Services in Stouffville
Despite popular belief installing a new gravel driveway is not as costly or as difficult as most people say
Apr 18, 2019
The Effect of Winter on Your Asphalt
Cold weather can take its toll and if you own an asphalt driveway you are eventually going to need repairs
Catch Basin Installation and What It EntailsOct 25, 2017
Efficient Driveway Services: Catch Basin Installation and What It Entails
Catch basin installation is one of the most straightforward and practical methods to eliminate standing water in driveway areas. Whether the driveway is near your home or on your commercial property, great care has to be taken in the installation of the inlet.
In order for the drainage system to be successful in solving your problems when your driveway keeps flooding, the following steps have to be considered:
- Choose a place where the water is deepest when your driveway is flooded, then mark it, and plot the route to the piping.
- Dig a low trench lined up perfectly with the outlet that is wide enough for three pipes.
- Begin to install the basin, the pipes, and the adapter that will connect them.
- Secure your catch basin with concrete to ensure ideal protection and extent its life span.
- Connect the pipes to the basin’s inlet and outlet, then complete the installation of your pipe network, securing it with tape wherever needed.
- Test the system to ensure there are no holes.
- The final step is backfilling the trench.
When it comes to the basics of how to drain water from driveway installations that require a seamless solution to the problem, catch basins are the ideal choice. Catch basin installation, however, is not always an easy task, and is best done by a professional contractor with years of experience in the field.